The Silhouette blog has been busy as we head into Thanksgiving. Here is a simple tutorial about how to ungroup my quotes or phrases as well as how to create a border/mat using the offset command. Click here for the complete instructions. This same tutorial will work with most of my quotes and phrases so be sure to pin it for future use! Find my “so thankful for you” layered quote in my Silhouette here.
And here’s a cute card using my banner words – Thanksgiving themed. Click here for that post and here to find the shape in my Silhouette store.
Read Full Post »
Uggghhh! Jason is back in the hospital for the same sore he has been dealing with all year. After a third surgery (muscle flap and skin flap) and 10 weeks in the hospital, we thought he was coming home. But his wound suddenly got terribly worse and now are back to square one. It looks like it’ll be another surgery and another eight weeks before we get to be together full time as a family. So, we’ll have to settle for face time calls and hospital visits like this one where Coleman is attempting a record-length smooch on Dad’s head. It was long and full of giggles….the visit and the kiss.
The hospital is where have I been since I haven’t been on my blog. Bummer!
And to top it off, Coleman figured out how to pronounce the word “hospital” correctly today. Double bummer! I love it when he speaks the way that he hears things and verbalizes words the “4-year-old way”. Coleman is a great communicator but up until today, hospital has been pronounced “hos-ti-ble” and it always made us smile. I would have been happy with him pronouncing it like that forever.
It is just a tiny manifestation that our little guy is growing up, learning and experiencing life faster than we want him to. Parenting is a funny thing – we want our children to grow and become independent and move forward but at the same time we want them to stay right where they are forever. I’ve been feeling those opposite pulls a lot lately when, as an early-bird, Coleman snuggles his little body next to mine at 5:30 in the morning. Or when he holds my hand as we walk into the grocery store. When he calls me, “Mama” or believes that the lavender “Bye Bye Scarys” spray really works to keep the monsters away at night. I know that the more he grows into himself, the more he will grow away from me. I want it, but I don’t at the same time. Being a mom is tough and wonderful work, that’s for sure.
Along with visits to the pumpkin patch and picking out the perfect ones for our “jacky-lanterns,” this is a great time of year to be in my line of work. I think I have created hundreds of Halloween and thousands of Christmas designs for various products over the years. I love designing for this season and my Silhouette store is bursting with all kinds of Halloween quotes, words and shapes for any project.
Whether you have independent children in your life or not, enjoy this time of year with it’s ideas and projects and fun for any age. Hang on to those memories and moments and embrace whatever stage your family is in right now.
Happy spooky cutting! It’s project season everyone!
Read Full Post »
You have been asking and waiting patiently for my cutting shapes to become available for the Cricut and other cutters – wait no longer! All of my designs will still be available in my Silhouette shop but as of this week, select shapes are now available in Lori Whitlock’s SVG shop. Click here to shop the sale this week – 30% off the entire store! Thanks, Lori!
We will be adding more and more shapes as we go but for now, you can find my Flower Alphabet, Baby Subway Art and all kinds of my popular vinyl quotes. Hooray! And get my first font through Lori’s shop as well. Will work on any computer – no electronic cutter needed.
Head on over and stock up today to celebrate my partnership with the fabulous Lori Whitlock.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Getting Fit, Silhouette, tagged be-you-tiful, Cameo, get your game on, happy is a way of life, Healthy Living Challenge, inspirational quote, love days like these, silhouette, smarter than you think, stronger than you seem, today is the day for being awesome, vinyl quote, you are braver than you believe on May 21, 2013 |
3 Comments »
For one day of our daily calendar this week we were asked to share a short inspirational quote with the Healthy Living Challenge group. We all need some inspiration, right? Here’s a list of our quotes.
- We are what we repeatedly do. – Jenn
- Don’t compare your Chapter 1 to someone else’s Chapter 20. – Pam
- I am awesome because I’m humble. (Woody Paige) – Brooke
- Hope on. Journey on. (Jeffrey R. Holland) – Becky
- Strength and struggle go together. The supreme reward of struggle is strength. LIfe is a battle and the greatest joy is to overcome. The pursuit of easy things makes men weak. Do not equip yourselves with superior power, then hope to escape the responsibility and work. It cannot be done. It is following the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked. (Ralph Parlette) – Sandi
- Anything can become a habit – it’s up to YOU what they are. – Bonnie
- Embrace the suck! – Joy
- Nothing tastes better than thin feels! – Susan B.
- If you want to improve your life, start by being kind to yourself. – Amber H.
- Give up something good for something better! – Katie
- A successful woman is one who can build a foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her. – Pam
- Everything you are learning now is preparing you for something else. (Marjorie Pay Hinckley )- Lori
- You try, you fail. You try, you fail. The only true failure is when you stop trying. Try again! (Haunted Mansion movie) – Tera
- We can do hard things! – Susan B. (this is her motto for the year – she has lost over 60 pounds since January!)
- If one dreams lofty dreams, so shall he become. There is magic in the way one thinks. If we expect the worst, we will get the worst. If we expect the best, we will receive the best. If we train our minds to have faith in God and ourselves, we are using one of the great laws of life. If we think and live righteously, happiness will find its place in our lives. It is amazing when we expect the best how forces are set in motion which cause the best to materialize. Our thoughts more than circumstances determine the course of our lives. These thoughts carve their impression on our faces, in our hearts, and on the tablet if our eternal souls. (Howard W. Hunter) - LynDee
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, “I’m Possible!” – Kelly
- Start every day by giving everyone a clean slate. – Cassidy
- Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself. (Dieter F. Uchtdorf) – Becky
- Don’t you give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead….it will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come. (Jeffrey R. Holland) – Katie
- Anger is like holding on to a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone – you are the one who gets burned. – Susan H.
- It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us…if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings. He will hear our prayers. (Gordon B. Hinckley) – LeeAnne
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.(Nido Qubein) – Diane
- I have a problem with low self-esteem, which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am. – Pam
And my personal favorite contribution of the week from Brooke:
No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping the people on the couch.
I’ve also added more vinyl quotes to my Silhouette store. Some are inspirational. Some are for fun. Some are because they seem to say just the right thing.
Enjoy them all!
Read Full Post »
Get ready for Mother’s Day with my Silhouette shapes available here in my Silhouette store.
Check out this link for this project featured on the Silhouette blog using my “Love You Mom” shape:
Here are some more new shapes for you to use for Mother’s Day, including vinyl subway art, a layered phrase, and a flourished phrase. Give these a try for your Mother’s Day projects.
Here is a card for every mom in your life from last year’s collection of letter-size cards.
Life Cards for Project Life or to use as an embellishment on all of your projects:
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you women out there – you are mothering someone. Enjoy the day celebrating the mothers in your life.
Read Full Post »
Need a last-minute Easter gift? Here’s the project Coleman and I have been working on this week.
I spray painted this phrase from my Silhouette store and Coleman quickly poured Diamond Dust glitter on it. The paint acted like the adhesive. Then I turned my back to spray the background of the blue tag and Cole proceeded to dig his hands into the jar of Diamond Dust and lift them out.
Oh well, there are worse things than a layer of glitter in your life.
I used this set of bracket labels for the tags. I applied washi tape in strips on my white cardstock before running it through the Silhouette Cameo. Result: custom cut washi tape background for my glittered peeps phrase. However, this technique didn’t really work when I tried to cut out the phrase because it was more intricate of a shape. Simpler shapes are more successful.
To create the dots on the blue tag, just place coins on top of the cut design (I used pennies) and spray paint lightly over the whole thing. The pennies work as a mask.
I get impatient so instead of waiting for it to dry, I simply flipped the pennies off the card and let it sit for about 10 minutes to dry. The paint dries quickly on cardstock.
We painted the phrase a different color and attached it to the background. Done.
Here’s to you – my favorite peeps!
Read Full Post »
I’ve been involved the scrapbooking industry for many years. Trends have come and gone throughout the course of the the 10 years that I’ve been going to trade shows and events. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the ability that Becky Higgins has to record life in a meaningful way. Project Life is no different and now that she has been doing this a few years, we are scouring the internet for creative ideas of how to personalize our Project Life albums even more.
If you own a Silhouette, you’ll love these Project Life Cards that are now available in my Silhouette online store. Here’s a look at what you will find:
Quotes 1, Quotes 2, Quotes 3, Quotes 4, Ampersands, Arrows 1, Arrows 2, Months of the Year, Days of the Week
What are you doing with your Project Life Cards? Let’s see! Send me an email with images or links to your blog and we’ll feature it here!
Read Full Post »
What have you been doing with my Silhouette shapes? Send me an email with photos or links to your blog posts and we’ll share! Your creativity is awesome to see in action.
Don’t you love the new herringbone trend that we are seeing everywhere? I do. Of course, we need to transfer this trend into our Silhouette projects and you can do it with this herringbone pattern in square and rectangle shape – horizontal and vertical options all in one file.
Also, I have a new batch of bracket frames and labels that look A-MA-ZING on any project. You’ll want to pick up all of them to have on hand.
Read Full Post »