How are these Activity Day girls growing? Celebrate their growth in each of the Faith in God areas with this “blooming” Recognition Activity.
1. Welcome / Theme Introduction
2. “I’m Growing…” – Girls share how they have grown in each of the three areas of the Faith in God program (Learning and Living the Gospel, Serving Others, Developing Talents). These girls had a paper where they had written the ways they were growing in Faith in God. Consider using a previous activity for the girls to write down how they have grown or send home the assignment so they can prepare with their parents if needed before the event. You can display their papers or share in front of the group. Perhaps have a parent stand up with them or share for them if they are too nervous to do it on their own. Help them feel comfortable and safe in sharing!
3. Plant a Seed – learn how to plan a seed in a small pot. Teach tips for best growth and invite parents to pitch in and help. Make sure there is enough space for everyone to “dig in” together because that’s half the fun! Invite parents to ask questions and talk with their daughters about what they are going to work on to keep growing during the next 6 months. Consider having them write a goal or two on the flower pot tag to help remind them that they are blooming where they are planted. “I’m going to bloom where I am planted by….”
4. Family Question Game – discuss how everyone grows through support and love from their family. Play the Family Question Game found in this previous post (see, I told you I saw this game again. Loved it both times!) Find an example of how they played here.
5. Dirt Cake – of course, no “growing” event can be finished without some Dirt Cake! Click here for an example of every kid’s favorite treat! Or simplify the whole thing (I’m a fan of this) and just use chocolate pudding on the bottom with crushed Oreos on top. Of course, a couple of gummy worms finish off the yumminess!