Favorite Things About Today:
1. No school till January 6
2. Sledding party for Coleman over at Quinn’s house
3. Mini BLTs in the works for the family party at Grandma’s (evening will include the Nativity reenactment by the grandkids and the telling of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” – from memory – by my brother, Uncle Kent)
How to make these tasty treats:
- cut white bread into about 1.5″ circles using a fondant cutter
- toast bread quickly in the oven
- add a dab of mayo to each circle using a condiment squeeze bottle
- place a slice of tomato on top (I use cherry tomatoes and can get about 2 slices per tomato)
- add another dab of mayo then top with crumbled bacon
4. I finally buckled down and tackled some EPIC Christmas quotes for the Silhouette store. Click here for the Grinch, here for the Messiah and here for the Night Before Christmas.
5. Birch tree card tutorial over at the Silhouette blog.
This card uses my Seasons Greetings shape but I’m in love with those birch trees. Use this idea all winter long, just add an appropriate phrase from my shop to fit your occasion. Here’s one that I just added last week. Most of my phrases come with a layered option as well as a merged option depending on your project.
Happy Christmas. Let the festivities begin!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Activity Days, Motherhood, Silhouette, tagged Cameo, card, card kit, daughter, friend, graduation, grandma, Mother's Day, silhouette, sister, thank you on June 3, 2012 |
3 Comments »
Whenever I design things for real life I try to do it with other work in mind. I think about how it can apply to the various work projects I am assigned so that I can use it a variety of ways. It’s one way I can be efficient in my designing. So I have some odds and ends from the last couple months that I have uploaded to the Silhouette store that I wanted to share with you.
If you are LDS, you will like the Young Men/Young Women theme images that I did to help out my friend for New Beginning’s activity. With Girls Camp season coming, I wanted to make sure you had some artwork to play with on your Silhouette. Click on the image to be sent to my store.
I also used this “shine” as part of the event and since it works for anyone, especially with summer here, I wanted to make sure you had it. They used this as the event title. Oh, how I love using one strong word for the theme of an activity or event! I can’t think of a better message to give anyone, especially teenage girls, to help them understand their purpose on earth and give them encouragement to believe they are awesome.
And with my busy schedule I didn’t have a chance to blog about the set of phrase cards I did a few weeks ago. Perfect for graduation, mothers, daughters, friends, grandmas, sisters. Plus, teacher appreciation here and here. Check them out – of course, I always have to include a thank you card option! Click on each word or the images below to find them in my Silhouette store.
I tucked a mother’s day card into a gift I was giving to a friend just to celebrate her role as a mother. This can be done any time of year – not just Mother’s Day. I used the “Mother” card base and added the script “so grateful” from the “Thanks” card. These can all be mixed and matched or even used for different projects.
Read Full Post »